I found this fantabulous recipe here . With summer coming, we all are going to start on the health kick we were supposed to have started January 1st, this year. So let’s try this again. Starting the first meal of the day with lots of fruit, nutrition and yummy sweetness sounds almost too good to be true….almost.
Blueberries are very low in calories and are full of antioxidants and other health beneficial nutrients.
These pikelets are healthy and delicious and can be served as a lovely Sunday breakfast or as a snack. You can top them with any fruit that you like. This Recipe Serves 4
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana, finely sliced
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- Honey to drizzle
- Mix flour, spice, and sugar in bowl.
- Whisk together egg and milk until well combined.
- Combine egg and milk with flour and mix until smooth. Carefully stir through blueberries into mixture.
- Heat fry pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Drop 1/3 cups of mixture into pan. Cook until bubbles appear on top, turn pancakes, and cook until the underside is golden brown.
- Stack two pancakes onto each serving plate. Top each with sliced banana and natural yogurt or blueberry sauce (blueberries, sugar, dash of water and honey, simmered until desired consistency is achieved). Drizzle with honey.