Lovely, delicious nectarines.What would summer be without the crisp sweetness of this lovely fruit?
Not many people feel adventurous enough to use nectarines in their cooking, but I can guarantee that this recipe will certainly sway even the most outspoken nectarine-hater!
In the interests of being a good girl and quoting my sources, I found the recipe here.
- 125g plain flour
- 250 ml low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ripe nectarines, halved and stone removed
- 1 orange, cut into quarters
- Sift flour into bowl and make a well in centre.
- Mix together low fat milk, olive oil and egg until well combined.
- Mix into flour and using whisk mix until batter is smooth.
- Preheat medium non stick frying pan over medium – high heat, spray pan with olive oil spray and pour 1/3 cupful of mixture into pan and cook until bubbles appear. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- Heat griddle pan over high heat and grill nectarines until golden brown.
- Place on top of pancakes, squeeze orange quarters over the top and serve immediately.