Holy crap, these are yum! And they make your house smell delicious. Make these yummy cookies, but beware… your husband will take a special interest in you and chase you all around the house for an hour if you dangle one of these babies in front of his nose. Stay away from people with nut allergies. Please.
Makes 2 dozen.
These cookies can also be made with chunky peanut butter.
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed, dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
Dry roasted peanuts for sprinkling, optional.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a few baking sheets with paper and set aside.
- Cream butter, both sugars and peanut butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking soda, then add to the creamed mixture and mix enough to combine.
- Scoop out two tablespoons of dough, shape into a ball and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and leave approximatley 3 inches between balls.
- Using a fork or spoon dipped in warm water, gently press the balls down a little to flatten the tops (make sure you re-dip the utensil in warm water between cookies so that it doesn’t stick).
- This is the part where you do your peanut sprinkling thing. Go wild.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and smelling delish!
- Cool on a wire rack and IF you have any left, you can store them in an airtight container for a week.
- I said, IF.
Recipe and image sourced here.