I happen to love mushrooms.
Not everyone shares my affection for the fungus, but there is nothing I adore more than yummy sauteed mushies on a slice of thick sourdough toast on a lazy Sunday morning.
You’ll enjoy this recipe if you’re a mushie lover, if not, then BUGGER OFF and grow some tastebuds!
This recipe is apparently intended to serve four people, after they eat throw up their hearty lettuce leaf dinner from the night before.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 4 large flat mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 40g Boursin herbs and garlic cheese
- Preheat grill on high heat. Combine oil, garlic, parsley, thyme, lemon rind and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place mushrooms, stem-side down, on grill tray with bread. Brush mushrooms with herbed oil. Grill for 3 minutes.
- Turn mushrooms and toast over. Brush mushrooms with remaining herbed oil and crumble over cheese. Grill for further 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are just cooked and bread is toasted. Season mushrooms with pepper. Serve on toast.