- 4 (about 4 ounces each) beef cubed steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 10 ounce(s) sliced white mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh dill
- Prepare Skillet Steaks: Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks and cook 5 to 6 minutes for medium, turning steaks over once. When steaks are done, transfer to platter with any juice; cover with foil.
- Prepare Stroganoff Sauce: In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and onion and cook about 8 minutes or until onion is tender and all liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth; heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute or until slightly reduced. Remove skillet from heat; stir in sour cream, mustard, pepper, and dill. Return steaks with their juice to skillet; heat through.