Chicken, Leek & Potato Pie
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 400g coliban potatoes, peeled, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 small barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded (see note)
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 sheet frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and potatoes. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until leeks are tender but not coloured.
- Sprinkle over the flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually add stock, stirring. Return to medium heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture comes to the boil. Add chicken and cheese. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture into a 5-cup capacity, 26cm (top) ceramic pie dish. Place pastry over filling. Press edges to seal. Trim excess pastry. Cut a small cross in the centre. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Stand pie in dish for 5 minutes. Serve.
Notes & tips
- You will need 2 cups of shredded chicken for this recipe.