Tagliatelle with Tomato, Olives & Chorizo
- 375g tagliatelle
- 1 (170g) chorizo sausage, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 16 (150g) green anchovy-stuffed olives
- 700g bottle passata sauce
- ½ cup ( 125ml) red wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh leaves)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tablespoon fresh leaves)
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- shaved parmesan, to serve
- Cook chorizo in a heated medium saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the garlic, zucchini, capsicum and olives and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the passata, wine, sugar, herbs and chilli to the saucepan. Bring to the boil; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until reduced to a good sauce consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Return the pasta to the saucepan and add the sauce; season with pepper. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately topped with parmesan.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.