Chargrilled Moroccan Chicken with Roast Carrot & Chickpea Salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 bunches baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 4 x 170g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbs sumac (see note)
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (80g) sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the carrots on a baking tray in a single layer. Season, then drizzle over 1 tbs oil and 2 tbs water. Roast for 10-12 minutes until the carrots soften slightly.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil a chargrill pan with the remaining olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and rub with the sumac. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side until browned.
- Remove the tray from the oven, turn the carrots then place the chicken on top. Roast for a further 10-12 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Whisk the vinegar, garlic and honey together in a large bowl. Season, then add chickpeas, sunflower seeds, parsley and carrots and toss to combine. Divide salad among plates, then top with the chicken.