Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, halved horizontally
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked with 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody stem removed
- 4 middle rashers bacon
1. Lightly flatten the chicken breasts with a mallet or rolling pin. Coat in the flour, egg mixture and combined breadcrumbs and parmesan.
2. Heat a large frying pan and add olive oil. When hot, add chicken schnitzels in batches and cook for 3 min each side, until golden.
3. Divide the asparagus into two bunches and wrap one in bacon. Heat a separate frying pan over medium to high heat, add the asparagus and cook for 4-5 min, turning until tender. Serve the chicken schnitzels with asparagus bunches. Alternatively you could also serve with crisp green beans and mashed potato for a hearty tummy-filler.