- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries, plus a few extra for the top of each muffin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Finely grated zest of 2 small lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Butter a standard 12-cup muffin pan. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the blueberries.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, oil and lemon zest, then whisk in the lemon juice. Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until blended; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins stand in the pan for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer them to a rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.