- 1/2 lb red potatoes (I used 3 average sized potatoes)
- 1/2 cup green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 precooked skinless chicken breasts (1lb), cut into long, thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup niçoise or other black olives
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, tarragon or chives
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place potatoes in a saucepan with salted water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. (*I steamed mine)
- Drain and cool potatoes, then peel and cut into thin wedges.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans in a small saucepan of boiling salted water until tender but crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. Pour into a strainer, run under cold water and then pat dry. (*I steamed my beans)
- For the salad dressing, combine garlic, mustard, basil and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Whisk in oil a little at a time until well mixed, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, potatoes, green beans, carrots, red pepper, onion, olives, capers and fresh herbs.
- Toss with dressing. Garnish with egg and tomato wedges. If desired, serve on lettuce-lined plates.