- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut flakes * (I used dessicated coconut because it was all I had handy)
- 1 cup white chocolate bits
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, flour and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy and then beat in the egg. Add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Fold in the oats, vanilla extract and coconut.
- Form walnut-sized balls of the mixture and drop 2 inches apart onto a paper-lined tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until they are a light golden brown and have spread.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- For some extra flair, once the cookies have cooled you can dip them in either melted white or milk chocolate and sprinkle with toasted shredded coconut. I opted not to because I couldn’t be bothered!