Yes the photos are crap.
No I was not drunk when I took them.
So when I say that on one particular afternoon, I was craving the flavours of rum and lime, I don’t mean it in a Lyndsay Lohan kind of way, it was more of a craving for the flavours of the tropics, of sun, cocktails and warmth and all that good stuff. The alcohol factor wasn’t my motivator. Although, if you’re that way inclined, this is a perfect recipe for a ‘One for the bowl, one for me’ game.
This meal can’t get any simpler. Marinating overnight is ideal- I did and my chicken was foodgasmically tender.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons orange juice
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup rum
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl or into a large zip-lock bag. Coat the chicken breasts well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (but 24 hours is better).
- Preheat oiled grill pan and cook chicken for about 6-7 minutes on each side and basting with leftover marinade until cooked through.
- Serve with a big healthy salad or some crispy stir-fried vegies with lime butter.